Quite simply, project management is the management of a project from start to finish. This also includes the planning, allocation and monitoring of tasks. Methods are used to structure the project and ensure its success.
The term project is clear to you? Or do you need a short refresher?
Project Management Phases
A project goes through different phases, but always has a beginning and an end. This distinguishes a project from day-to-day business.
Project Management with Falcon
We develop the project management software Falcon, which helps you to implement your project. This saves you a lot of time and allows you to focus on your tasks.
Don't make the mistake of managing projects with Excel!
We know from experience that chaos is big and projects fail because of it.
Falcon creates clear responsibilities and a simple overview of the overall project, goals and progress.
Start a project now with Falcon
Project Management Methods
To avoid having to reinvent the wheel over and over again, various methods are available for project management, all of which have their raison d'être. Here are 5 methods as examples:
- Kanban: Processes are represented in columns and provided with maps as tasks, which are shifted between the columns. Suitable for small teams and projects with few process steps.
- Scrum: Tasks are prioritized at the beginning and divided into work steps. The tasks are processed in equal work intervals. Popular for software development.
- Lean: The focus is on the rapid development of a prototype with the most important requirements. Suitable for product development.
- Waterfall: Tasks are ordered and processed according to dependencies. Suitable for small projects with interdependent tasks.
- Prince2: Projects are planned from start to finish using techniques that have already proven themselves in practice. Suitable if you want to benefit from best practices.
Now you know the absolute basics and have an idea of what project management is. But of course this is only the tip of the iceberg. Would you like to find out more? The links in this article will certainly help you. Below we have also linked a few small articles with which you can now expand your new knowledge.