We are looking for a Data Scientist to join the team
The development team is constantly improving Falcon. You work with our highly scalable Rest API and in close collaboration with the back-end and front-end team to deliver new, intelligent features. The Data Science team is brand new and it's your job to set the path and to find and develop the first intelligent features. You'll help set up the machine learning infrastructure in AWS and develop highly scalable solutions for classification and regression problems.
Examples of challenges the team will be working on over the next 12 months:
- Predicting delays
- Prediction of budget requirements
- Sentiment analysis in status reports
A glance at the tech stack
What we are looking for
- 2+ years experience as Data Scientist (or similar)
- Experience in building, using and especially deploying supervised (and unsupervised) models in web applications
- Experience in Python and the ML environment (e.g. learning Numpy, Pandas, Scikit, xgboost, Tensorflow and more)
- experience with ML in an AWS environment (e.g. EC2, S3, Lambda, SageMaker)
- Experience in SQL for data preparation and feature engineering
- Knowledge of data visualization tools/frameworks and notebooks
- Experience with Git and Github
Nice to have …
- Experience with Ensemble machine learning methods is a plus
- A previous academic research related to ML, statistics, mathematics or a related field is a big hit
- Experience with agile development process (Scrum) is always welcome
What you can expect to happen
We review applications to screen for a variety of criteria
We invite you over for a coffee
You get a little take home challenge
Meet the Team
You meet the team and we discuss your solution
We make an offer to the candidate we feel is the best fit for the role
Want to take a look at your team?
Dr. Jonas Steeger
Founder, Data Science
Dr. Marian Risse
We‘d love to see you here!
We are looking forward to your application! Please use firstname.lastname@example.org to send us all info you feel is relevant. Of course a CV is nice. But we especially love to take a look at your own projects… so if you like to share an example or a git repo, we’d be down for it.